This quinoa and black beans recipe is a not just healthy for you but it’s very easy to make! Quinoa is a great natural food to add to your diet. It is one of the most protein-rich foods you can eat. It has iron, fiber (twice as much as other grains), magnesium, Vitamin B2, L-Lysine, and more!
What does all that mean for you? Magnesium helps you be more energetic, regulates calcium, potassium and sodium, increases heart health and can help with a number of things including headaches, constipation, insomnia and anxiety. Vitamin B2/ Riboflavin can help convert the nutrients that you obtain from food into energy, which aids in a healthy metabolism. Lysine helps with many things like acne, collagen, hair loss and bone health–it may even help prevent wrinkles.
Try this healthy recipe! When you do, tag us on instagram using @mealplanmaker.
- 1 tsp. of olive oil
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cups of quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Total prep time: about 50 minutes
- Heat your olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add and cook your chopped onion and garlic until lightly browned, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in your ¾ cups of quinoa into the onion and garlic mixture and then cover the quinoa with vegetable broth; season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the quinoa mixture to a boil. Cover your saucepan, reduce the heat, and then simmer until quinoa is tender and broth is absorbed, this will take about 20 minutes.
- Stir frozen corn into the saucepan and then continue to simmer until the food is heated through. This takes about 5 minutes. Next, mix in your can of black beans and chopped cilantro.
Per serving: (makes approximately 10 servings)
Make sure to try our meal plan generator and find other healthy recipes in a meal plan made just for you at: https://generator.mealplanmaker.com