This breakfast was created one morning while experimenting with different foods and this delicious concoction was the result! This fun twist on eggs and toast will have your mouth watering.
- 1-2 cups of spinach
- 2 pieces of sandwich bread, we used Alpine Valley Organic Honey Sprout
- Red Pepper (Cayenne)
- Garlic Powder
- 3 Eggs
- ½ of a medium avocado
- 2 slices of vegetarian lunch meat, we used Lightlife White Bean & Kale Veggie Deli Slices
- Olive oil
- Sweet basil leaves, chopped
- ¼ of a tomato
- Favorite hot sauce
Total prep time: 25 minutes.
- Heat 3 frying pans, one large, one medium, and one small pan with a good sprinkle of olive oil in each one. In the large frying pan cook your 2 slices of bread on low-medium until toasted, turn over and toast the other side, checking frequently.
- In the medium pan, throw in as much full spinach leaves as you like. Over here, we like a lot! Also throw in your chopped sweet basil leaves. We pulled some from an herb garden and tore it into pieces with our hands. You can get some fresh basil leaves from the store. These leaves pack a big punch of taste! Sprinkle the leaves with as much garlic powder, pepper, and cayenne pepper as you like. Cook until it looks wet and a little soggy. Take of heat and put to the side.
- In the small pan, add 3 eggs, sprinkle with a small amount of cayenne pepper, and cook over-easy. Cut out extra egg white areas if desired.
Put it all together:
- Place two pieces of bread on a plate.
- Then place a slice of deli “meat” on each slice.
- Spread avocado on each slice, on top of the deli meat. Sprinkle with a small amount of garlic powder.
- Place the 3 eggs over the 2 slices of bread. Use a fork to puncture the yoke from the bottom so it spills over the slices. Try to control it and smash it with a fork to spread evenly.
- Add the spinach and basil mix over the eggs, over both slices.
- Add tomato slices over the leaf mix. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Use hot sauce as desired. We used some Cholula.
Make this Gluten-Free and/or Vegan!
For a gluten free option, omit the deli “meat” and use gluten free bread! For a vegan option, omit the eggs and use a scrambled tofu “egg” recipe. Let us know if you tried it! Recipes like this are a great reminder that added salt is not necessary for great taste!
We hope you enjoy this deliciously healthy breakfast recipe!